Want to buy bitcoin (BTC) but don’t know how? If you’re new to the world of cryptocurrency, understanding exactly how bitcoin works and how and where you can buy bitcoin in Japan is a pretty big challenge.
To help you make sense of the jargon and safely get your hands on some of the world’s most well-known digital currency, we’ve put together this beginner’s guide to buying bitcoin in Japan.
QUICK GUIDE: HOW TO BUY BITCOIN IN JAPAN
- Register for an account with an exchange like CoinSwitch.
- Enable 2-factor authentication.
- Verify your account.
- Click “Deposit JPY”.
- Transfer funds into your account.
- Click “Buy/Sell” at the top of the screen.
- Search for bitcoin and click on “Buy BTC”.
- Enter the amount of BTC you want to buy or the amount of JPY you want to spend.
- Review the transaction details.
- Click “Buy BTC”.
Go to CoinSwitch‘s website