Buying and selling Bitcoins in Kenya though Mpesa has never been this easy. All you need is to create a bitcoin account online as illustrated below, look for GENUINE Kenyan Bitcoin sellers, purchase your bitcoin using mpesa wallet and receive them in your app account. Below is a simple guide on how to join, buy, use and benefit of investing in Bitcoins.
How to Buy Bitcoins in Kenya through Mpesa
There are various application and websites that you can use to buy and sell bitcoins in Kenya. In this case, i am going to use LocalBitcoins. With LocalBitcoins you can buy Bitcoins through mpesa or bank. Below is how to go about it;
- Visit Local Bitcoin website and Create an account: https://localbitcoins.com/country/KE
- On the top menu of the website click signup for free then create account.
- Check your email to confirm your registration details
- Select the kind of trader that meets you ability. Some traders limit selling of Bitcoins to Ksh. 1,000 others to Ksh. 20,000. Also, ensure to check on the seller’s reputation before buying. Only trade with sellers with a Feedback score of 100%.
- After trusting the seller, click on Buy Bitcoins online from (his/her name) to buy.
- You will be directed to a page that shows the terms and conditions of the trader.
- Carefully read his/her the terms and conditions (they are normally short)
- After agreeing the terms Enter the amount you wish to Buy in Kenyan Shillings and you will be able to see how many bitcoins you will get for the same.
- Make Mpesa Payment
- Confirm payment and you will receive the Bitcoins from the seller.
- You are done!
NOTE: Always take note of the seller’s reputation. Be aware of phishing attempts!
Recommendation: Paxful is another great alternative of LocalBitcoins for Kenyans that we do recommend. It also allows selling and buying bitcoins through Mpesa. Read how paxful works.
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to buy and use bitcoins via mpesa in Kenya!
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.